Florida State Society Daughters of the
Mrs. Thomas Clair Maguire and Mrs. George
H. Wilder submitted
Echebucsassa (E-che-bucsas-sa) as
the chapter name when the chapter was created. This is the original name of the locality now known as Plant City.
Echebucsassa is an Indian name meaning "place of many pipes"
according to the report of the U.S. Engineering Corps in 1845, who
called it "an
Indian town and camping place for Indians when traveling to and from
information about membership in the Echebucsassa Chapter, NSDAR,
This site was designed by
- Chapter VIS
Chairman and the Echebucsassa Web Committee.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
The symbol of three intertwined circles reflects our decision making about each program and activity and how to carry out our mission to promote
historic preservation, education, and patriotism. The three intertwined circles represent our mission and our motto of God, Home, and Country.
"Preserve the past, enhance the present, invest for the future."